Don’t you hate it when people ask you to pray for them and then they never update you on what’s going on? Me too!
I hope we haven’t been those people too bad, but frankly most times someone asks me, “How’s Holly doing?” I have no idea how to answer.
Well she’s making some significant progress worth sharing, so I would take the almost-four-week-anniversary-of-her-surgery to update you…
- She’s much less tired (went last few days without naps)
- She’s almost completely off medication (just occasional over the counter pain medicine or muscle relaxer )
- She is got her last drain out today! Wahoo!
- She is still under a doctor-imposed ban of lifting more than 8 pounds. (A challenge when taking care of kids that weigh more than 8 pounds)
- She is still tired and “runs out of gas” pretty easily.
We’re about to send Holly’s mom home for the first time since the surgery, so we will have a good idea of how well she really is doing pretty quickly. She has been a tremendous blessing, and I seriously don’t know what we would have done without help from her and my mom.
So, there’s a quick update for you! Thanks for all the prayers!