Just wanted to drop in for a quick update on the moving process…
The House – It’s pretty much a done deal at this point. We got 4 inspections done in one day on Friday, which is unheardof. I give credit to God, and our amazing Real Estate agent. They found several things wrong with the house, but no deal killers. Even better, we used those things to negotiate some more money off the cost of the house. The only outstanding thing is to find out if the insurance compant has any problem with the roof. We should know that tomorrow.
The Move – Packing is going well. Holly’s felling a little under the weather, but we getting help from friends to pick up the slack. Even better, Jamie’s parent’s show up on Saturday to help with all the last minute things. The rough timeline from here is as follows…
- Saturday, October 8 – Jamie’s Parents Fly In, Going away party (email us if you didn’t get an invitation and you want to come)
- Tuesday, October 11 – U-Pack crate shows up for us to start loading up all our worldly possessions.
- Wednesday, October 12 – My last day working in Bothell. Community group meets at our house for final loading/cleaning “party”
- Thursday, October 13 – Load beds onto crate. Jamie and his Dad start driving to Frisco. Holly, kids, and Jamie’s Mom fly to Houston.
- Saturday, October 15 – Jamie and his Dad arrive Frisco.
- Sunday, October 16 – Jamie’s Dad flies home to Houston.
- Wednesday, October 19 – Holly and kids come up from Houston. Close on House!
- Friday, October 21 – Stuff Arrives.
- Saturday, October 22 – Move into new House.
Here’s hoping nothing goes wrong…